- Shrek (2001) – In this heartwarming tale, Shrek, an ogre with a tough exterior, forms a deep and touching connection with Princess Fiona. Their love story teaches us that beauty is more than skin deep and that true love transcends appearances, setting the stage for multiple sequels that delve into their evolving relationship.
- How to Train Your Dragon (2010) – The story of Hiccup and Astrid is a classic example of young love. As they navigate the challenges of a Viking village plagued by dragons, their friendship evolves into a powerful and sincere romance. The bond between these two characters is a testament to the power of understanding and acceptance.
- The Prince of Egypt (1998) – This animated biblical epic features the enchanting romance between Moses and Tzipporah. Their love story unfolds against the backdrop of Moses’ journey to free the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt. The film explores themes of faith, sacrifice, and love amidst incredible adversity.
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (2002) – A unique and wordless love story, this film follows the connection between a wild stallion named Spirit and a young Lakota girl named Rain. Their unspoken bond is beautifully depicted against the backdrop of the American frontier and its challenges.
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) – The movie revolves around the swashbuckling duo, Tulio and Miguel, who stumble upon the legendary city of El Dorado. Their romantic interests in the charming Chel add complexity to their adventure and comedic escapades, making for a delightful and multifaceted love story.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) – Po, the lovable panda, and Tigress, a formidable kung fu warrior, share a captivating romance while defending ancient China from menacing threats. Their evolving relationship adds depth to the action-packed world of kung fu and self-discovery.
- The Croods (2013) – Eep, a rebellious cavegirl, finds her heart captured by the innovative thinker, Guy, as they embark on an extraordinary journey with her prehistoric family. Their evolving relationship, amidst the chaos and danger of the outside world, is both heartwarming and humorous.
- Megamind (2010) – Megamind, the reformed supervillain, Roxanne, the plucky reporter, and Metro Man, the hero, form a quirky love triangle in this satirical superhero comedy. Their dynamic explores themes of identity, change, and the nature of good and evil, all wrapped up in a romantic subplot.
- Turbo (2013) – Turbo, a snail with dreams of speed, and Angie, the supportive and caring racing enthusiast niece of taco truck owner Tito, share an endearing and unique connection. Their relationship is built on trust, shared dreams, and the belief that anything is possible.
- Madagascar (2005) – In the first Madagascar movie, Marty the zebra and Gloria the hippo are friends from the Central Park Zoo. As they embark on a wild journey to Madagascar, their bond evolves into a budding romance. Their interactions are a heartwarming part of the larger ensemble cast, adding depth to the storyline.
These DreamWorks films showcase a diverse array of romantic relationships, each with its unique charm and significance within their respective stories, making them enjoyable for viewers of all ages.
Perdita, Cruella de Vil, Roger Radcliffe, Dodger, Oliver